Besides the fact that there is only 2 weeks left in this semester and Domenic is SUPER busy with tons and tons of homework and tests, I happened to be lucky enough to somehow, don't ask how because I have no clue, catch mono, get a bladder infection, have a late visit from the crimson tide, and have an enlarged/ over-active liver that is super painful.
So needless to say, my life has consisted of sleeping and peeing constantly for the past week straight.
Why do I tell you this? Probably because I am super bored not being able to do anything all day and feel like a zombie, but also because of something Dom said to me while I was feeling the poopiest. He said, "well brit, what do you think we are supposed to learn from this?", and my immediate response was probably not the most kind, but went something like this: "sometimes we don't have to learn from things Dom, things JUST HAPPEN".
After having too much time to sit in my bed or on the couch and try to think, I really do believe that there is wisdom in what he said. Even if we can't see a reason for things happening the way they do, it is still so important to have faith that our Lord and our Savior know, and we should find comfort in that. Simply believing is enough to pull you through the worst of times, the times when you feel the most helpless, and completely lost. It is a source of optimism and hope that things can, and will be better.



3 comments:
I am sorry that you have been feeling sick. I have been a horrible friend. Just with everything going on with enrichment and life in general time passes by. I am going to come by at bring you something tomorrow. Hope you start feeling better.
Nit! I love you so much! You are such a spiritual giant- thanks for being such a great example.
I hope you start feeling better soon, I wish I was there :)
Hey, it's funny you have the song, The Way I Am on your blog, that's like Isaac and I's song (if that made sense :) )
Love ya lots sis!!
I hope you get feeling better! We missed you in marriage class. Hopefully you can just get through the next 9 days!
Post a Comment