Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hand, foot, mouth virus

Somehow Gianni ended up with the horrible hand, foot, mouth virus. I had heard of it before but honestly didn't know what it entailed. Oh boy this thing is a nasty virus to say the least. It starts with a high fever 101-103 and then the poor kid reals out in a blistery rash all over his body, mainly on the feet, hands and inside the mouth as the name states.

Lucky for Gianni the rash in his mouth is mild in comparison to that of feet and body, the mouth rash is supposed to be terribly painful. But, anyone who knows Gianni knows he hates having anything abnormal on his skin, be it a spec of dirt, small scab, anything abnormal so he is really freaking out about these blisters. We try to keep socks on him so he doesn't spread the virus and so it's out of sight, out of mind. He tends to freak out less when he can't see them.

Be warned, the pictures below are kind of gross but I thought I would document so everyone could get an idea of what life is like for Gianni right now.

So at the moment I am praying like crazy that Siena doesn't catch this highly contagious virus and am doing everything in my power to wash hands, disinfect, and keep Gianni away from his sister, not an easy task.

On the plus side, that cute little girl down there is one month old today! I can't believe it. We love her so much and she is growing like a weed. We still can't figure out who exactly she looks like but we sure think she's a cutie :)

1 comment:

Ryan & Jennie said...

Poor Gianni! Praying he feels better soon.